I’ve decided to start doing update posts on a semi regular basis (perhaps once every 1-2 months) to let people know what is going on with Knights. Each post will include a summary of what has been done since the previous update and a brief look forward at future plans.
So without further ado…
Progress since last update
There was actually an update post back in June. So what has happened since then? Basically, there have been two releases of Knights, which have achieved the following:
- Updated the Knights codebase so that it works with the latest version of Visual Studio. (This briefly introduced a bug with WinXP compatibility, but that is now fixed.)
- Made some changes to daggers, and re-introduced “gate squishing”, as requested by KnightRider.
- Other bug fixes (too many to list here).
Goals for the next couple of months
I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I want to work on improving the front page of the website: not only to make it look better, but also to highlight the features of the game a bit more and try to make it more obvious what is good about the game and why someone should download it
As regards the game itself I think the next things to work on are the following:
- Potions: KnightRider correctly points out that the original Knights had two different sorts of regeneration potions; I intend to add this to the PC version as well (it shouldn’t be too difficult).
- Moo pointed out some issues with the Lua API, which I want to look into.
- There is also still a backlog of bugs (thankfully, none of them serious). I want to keep chipping away at these, therefore I’m aiming to get at least one or two resolved before the next update (in 1-2 months time).
For more information about Knights please visit http://www.knightsgame.org.uk/.