It’s about time I wrote some sort of update I suppose 🙂
I’ve been taking a bit of a break from Knights development recently, but I hope to start work on it again soon. The first task will be to do a new release (version 011) which will just fix one or two minor bugs that are still outstanding.
After that, I thought it would be fun to try to add some new features to the game. Someone suggested new monster types. I’m not sure exactly what monsters I would add right now, but I tried to think up some ideas, and, well, here they are. (Disclaimer: these are really just random initial ideas – not to be taken too seriously at the moment…)
- Orcs. Like zombies, but a bit more intelligent. Will sometimes pick up weapons that they find in the Dungeon and use them against you. Maybe could have different types (e.g. plain orcs vs. orcish warriors who are more heavily armoured).
- Gnomish Crossbowmen. These annoying critters will run away, and try to shoot at you from a distance.
- Kobolds. Like to group together into “packs”. If in a large group, will attack and try to surround a knight. If on their own, will run away.
- Necromancers. Can use their magic to raise nearby corpses into Zombies.
- Skeletons. (similar to zombies but perhaps faster and less tough?)
- Demons of some sort. (Perhaps associated with pentagrams in some way…)
What do you think? Good? Bad? You have other ideas? Please post them in the comments 🙂
Another point is that I am no good at graphics, so before I could add any monsters, I would need someone to knock up a few sprites for me. If there are any artists out there reading this, who would be willing to help, then please feel free to contact me…