News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

online now thread?

Started by Rich, February 18, 2010, 04:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

maybe an idea t post a sticky thread so people can find out when ppl log on and log off the servers to make it easier to find a game? just an idea.. and, btw, i am on now for the next hour or so

Asmageddon

I can play in like ~20-30 minutes, but that is only 85% sure. :P
I'll post an edit, when I will be ready.
EDIT: Sorry, but I resign :P

Stephen

Good idea. I've made this topic sticky.

Asmageddon

Better would be to create some kind of monitor, so on main site would be visible something like: "1 server, 2 games, 1 in progress, 7 players now" or something like that :P

Allotriophagy

I normally just check out the server list and see if anyone is online :

http://www.knightsgame.org.uk/server_list.php

Stephen

Would it be helpful if that page showed a bit more info, e.g. the names of the players who are online?

Allotriophagy

It would be interesting, definitely! Names, if a game is in progress, what the game settings are, etc...

Stephen

Quote from: Allotriophagy on February 20, 2010, 06:09:45 PM
It would be interesting, definitely! Names, if a game is in progress, what the game settings are, etc...

Created Trac #85 for this.

boredrich

it would be great if there was a little pop up or something that could be set up so it flashed when someone joins the server so if you are playing a single player game you could go and start playing against a live opponent :)

Stephen

If you minimize the Knights window while you are connected to the server, then the window will automatically re-maximize itself when someone connects. (You can set the game to windowed mode in the options.)

Note this only works in the lobby screen (the first screen you get to after connecting), NOT the quest selection screen.

This is useful if you want to connect then wait around to see if someone else connects.

boredrich

thats excellent I will give that a try :)

Moo

Quote from: Stephen on May 23, 2010, 12:34:49 PM
If you minimize the Knights window while you are connected to the server, then the window will automatically re-maximize itself when someone connects. (You can set the game to windowed mode in the options.)

But it won't maximize if you get disconnected.. So sometimes you could be waiting forever and not realise you're not connected any more..  :-[

Stephen

Oh dear. I will have to look into that...

Stephen

Just wanted to add that we now have a "game listing" on the server list page. This allows you to easily arrange a time to meet other Knights players. We've been using this to set up a regular Knights game on Sundays. See: http://www.knightsgame.org.uk/server_list.php

Feel free to continue using this thread as well, if you like (e.g. if you want discuss what is the best time to arrange a game, etc).

MadByte

To bad that nobody play the game :)
I know it from my old Amiga A1200 .

Keep on doing your great work. Hopefully sometimes ppl come and play it .

Greets from Germany :)