News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Knights game report 5-Feb-2012

Started by Stephen, February 06, 2012, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

Wow, lots of fun this week as six players turned up for the weekly game (and we played for quite a long time - about 2 hours I think).

We started out with a quest to find four gems and a book, and escape via the guarded exit point. The start point was randomized so you respawned at a random entry point every time you died. This was good fun, however it did lead to some weird situations. A couple of times, Desmond died and respawned at the guarded exit point - and since it was behind locked doors, he had no choice but to suicide and try to respawn at another point. And another time, Narts (or maybe someone else?) was running towards the exit with the book and four gems, when I respawned at the exit point -- right in front of him -- and proceeded to take his gems and win :D

Maybe we should have a rule that you cannot respawn at the guarded exit point in "Random respawn" games?

Anyway, after that we had a few team games which were great fun, especially with six players. We divided into three teams of two. The funniest moment was near the end of one of the games, where about four or five knights all had the same spawn point (because most of the other spawn points had been secured by now) and a mass blood bath ensued :) Somehow, someone managed to get to the entry point with the wand, and secure it, but I was laughing so much that I don't really know what happened there :D

We also tried two teams of three but this wasn't quite as good in my opinion (others may disagree though). Teams of two seemed to work quite well; I guess that's because there are more opponents to run into, and therefore you get a bit more action, while still having the team dynamic. Or that's what I thought, anyway.

Finally we tried a destroy book with wand quest, but something seemed to go wrong because the wand went missing. I am not sure if someone hid it, or it got destroyed somehow. Maybe I should look into this, there may be a bug.

Also K9 suggested that perhaps zombies should not attack you while you have the chat bubble up. However it was pointed out that this might be abusable, so I think I will leave things as they are for now. If a zombie does walk up to you, you can always just press TAB to turn off chat, kill the zombie, and then press TAB to start typing your message again from where you left off...

K9

It was truly wild fun.. Enjoyed every second.. 

Completely agree on zombie conclusion, no need to spend time on it, would prefer update to the guarded exit respawn as you mentioned.

I thought the 2 teams of 3 was cool, but concur the 3 teams of 2 led to many more wild scenarios, plus that was one of your most recent features, well done, game play was fantastic in that mode.

Too bad about the wand in that last book quest, but very rare or never seen that issue.

I really hope everyone shows up again especially if I get few family at same time, we can set a record and escalate the team play mayhem.

Stephen

Quote from: K9 on February 08, 2012, 07:46:02 PM
I thought the 2 teams of 3 was cool

Just to clarify, I did like the 2 teams of 3 game... I just enjoyed the 3 teams of 2 more. Both were good fun :)

Also, I regret to say that I won't be able to join this Sunday's game. (I only just realized, I'm actually doing something else that evening.) You guys should still go ahead without me though... K9 can I leave it to you to propose a time on the game listing page?

K9

Yes sir, I am still there, just posted game listing, and looking forward to everybody playing again...  Enjoy the evening, see you again another weekend.  Thank you for the note.