News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Map Editor

Started by Kester, March 12, 2010, 03:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kester

Hi there

I'm finding that roughly a third of the rooms are causing the executable to close when you try to load them into the main window.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Here is a full list of the culprits from the A maps only: A01.4, A02.2*, A02.4*, A04.1, A05.1*, A05.3, A05.4*, A06.2*, A06.3, A09.1*, A09.2*, A10.2*, A10.3, A11.4, A13.3*, A14.1*, A14.2*.  Note: all A maps with one or more levers failed - these are the starred maps.

Cheers, Kester

Stephen

Hmm... it seems to work for me.

First thing to check is: did you upgrade to Knights 014? The format of the knights_rooms.txt file has changed; it won't work if you try to load the knights_rooms.txt from 013.

Kester

I had but have now uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled from scratch.  Working fine now, thanks.

Moo

It did the same for me before I upgraded to 014.. After that, it worked fine.

But..
"Added some command line options to Knights. Type "knights --help" for details."

It doesn't do anything for me (windows)...

Stephen

Quote from: Moo on March 12, 2010, 09:04:40 PM
"Added some command line options to Knights. Type "knights --help" for details."

It doesn't do anything for me (windows)...

It should work, but I wouldn't worry about it... you are not missing much. The main reason for the command line flags is so that the map editor can invoke Knights in a "test" mode (for testing map designs). There are also options for starting in windowed or full screen mode, or setting the location of the knights_data directory. So nothing too exciting :)

Julian

I finally found an easy fix to the Map Editor problems I've had: installing Knights in a folder with no spaces in the path. Previously, I had Knights (version 19 - the one that works with Map Editor) in a folder called "C:\Program Files\KnightsV019)". I moved Knights (version 19) to the root folder "C:\KnightsV019" and now, without any spaces in the path, the Map Editor glitches I've been working around went away.