Main Menu

IRC Channel

Started by Moo, July 14, 2012, 08:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moo

As mentioned way back here.

[19:53] -ChanServ- Information on #knights:
[19:53] -ChanServ- Founder    : dukey
[19:53] -ChanServ- Registered : Oct 25 13:16:05 2009 (2 years, 37 weeks, 4 days, 05:37:45 ago)
[19:53] -ChanServ- Last used  : Aug 02 11:33:01 2011 (49 weeks, 4 days, 07:20:49 ago)

On freenode.

irc://chat.freenode.net/knights

Web client

K9

I tried this before, IRC link was working, now it's shut down.
The next link for webclient (I don't know how to use, not really seeing a way to type into it).

Also, I didn't realize the benefit of it before, but now, perhaps I see some idea of how to use this.
If perhaps the Knights Lobby Chat was integrated here that would be interesting.
Or if someone doesn't have access to 'play' but could have a quick realtime chat via smartphone, that would make this IRC practical.

Is that kind of what you had in mind when you created it, or other ideas?

Moo

Yes... Maybe someone is too busy or distracted to play games, or can't have the game loaded for some reason... Leaving a webpage or IRC client open should be less of a problem.

For the second link, you just type in the box right at the bottom.

duke

So guys, I'm back. The IRC Channel is still registered on me, I guess I could add some operators to it and such.

Also, regarding Clients, you could just snag Hexchat, install it and just set it up, so it automatically connects to freenode and joins the #Knights Channel.