News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Mod] Wand of teleportation (v1.1)

Started by Worst, September 13, 2012, 12:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worst

Here's another mod I made.. this has bit of a story related to its creation:

Soon after I finished the first version of the spider mod, I started thinking of what to create next.. I then decided to make a new type of wand; A wand that let's you teleport creatures(including players) out of your way, to random positions in the dungeon.

What I didn't know at the time, is that Moo had the exact same idea too. We were both working on our own teleport wands, but neither of us knew that we were both building the same thing.  :P

As soon as I got a working version of my wand, I asked if Moo could check out my mod (which I had not told him anything about yet), and he also had finished something that he wanted to test at that time.. Thats when to our suprise, we found out that we had both made a mod out of the same idea! :o

Download in attachment :)

Update: v1.1, fixed an issue with mod toolbox.

K9

Hilarious, I can imagine how surprising that would be, exact same mod at exact same time.
With the whole story, it makes more sense about what you were telling me that day in-game.

I totally love the Telewand, now it is just "doubly" appreciated.

Thank you both.

Stephen

Hello,

First of all, sorry I haven't had much chance to work on the game for the past year (or more)...

However I have managed to make a new version of "telewand" that fixes the bugs where the wand fails to work sometimes, and with the teleport sound not playing.

See attached "telewand_v1-2.zip".

I will upload this to the main server shortly so it should be ready for testing at the weekend :)

Stephen

Server is now updated with the new teleport mod.
Please let me know if there are any problems.

K9

Excellent, using updated telewand today, i love it, Thank you Stephen!