• Living Armours by Worst
    adds living armours that have been posessed by ghost knights
  • Spiders by Worst
    adds spiders to the dungeon
  • Rat Raider by Romanio(RUS)
    adds a new agile and quick monster - rat rider

mods with new weapons/items

• Wand of Teleportation by Worst
    adds a wand that can teleport creatures and players to random positions in the dungeon

mods with new game modes

• Heroic Quest by Impassive_RUS
    new interesting game mode with permanent death, new monsters and some unique rules

mods for modmakers

• Toolbox 4 by Impassive_RUS
    made to simplify process of merging different mods together

K9

Nice consolidation, thank you doublejack.

Stephen, I don't recall seeing the answer to this question yet, will search for it when I have time, unless you can mention it here:

Do you have a process or plan to approve and install certain tested and solid mods into your official server?

The spiders are cool and living armors work well.  The multiwands and new teleport wand are amazing, but the mod needs little bit of work on selection/quest to avoid forced double quest/securing, etc.

Would love to see some of the work ready to share when you have time to integrate.

Stephen

Sorry K9, I didn't see this edit until today.

I think that as soon as the community is happy that mods are well tested/solid/etc, then they should be added to the official server. (My only condition would be that the mod can be turned off if players don't want it -- that is the case with all mods so far.)

I propose to put Spiders and Living Armours (and also Toolbox which is used by those two) on the server as soon as I can. Probably tomorrow. (I assume we have permission from the mod authors to do this?)

For the wand mods I suggest that we wait until K9's objections about securing quests are resolved.

Stephen

OK, Spiders and Living Armours are now running on the official server!

(I made one small change to the living armours mod, which was to disable the sound for the living armour monster. I think we need a proper sound here, instead of reusing "snd_lock" which will probably just confuse people...)

K9

Excellent, thank you.

We'll all be able to enjoy the new tweaks tomorrow, very cool.

Newk

a bit of a n00b question maybe but i couldn't see the answer upfront..

where do i unpack these mods?

the living armour for instance..
is this only needed when running a server?

also want to know what happens when you join a server that uses these mods and you dont have them
installed

sorry for so many questions at once, i kinda feel stupid now  :P

Stephen

Quote from: Newk on March 28, 2013, 12:51:51 AM
where do i unpack these mods?

To install a mod, first unzip it to your "knights_data\server" folder. This should create a sub-folder, e.g. for living armours, you will now have a folder "knights_data\server\livarm_v1". Then open "main.lua" and add the following to the end:

require ("livarm_v1")

Of course, you should replace "livarm_v1" with the name of your mod.

the living armour for instance..
is this only needed when running a server?

You need to install mods if you want to play single player games, split screen games, or host your own server / LAN game.

If you are joining someone else's server or LAN game, then you don't need the mods installed. In that case, the mods installed on the server will be used, and the mods on your local machine are irrelevant.

also want to know what happens when you join a server that uses these mods and you dont have them
installed

In this case any required data (e.g. graphics or sounds) will be downloaded automatically from the server when you connect. So you don't need to install anything locally.

sorry for so many questions at once, i kinda feel stupid now  :P

No problem. Probably other people will want to know this as well :)

K9

Doublejack, I'm still loving this page to keep all [mod] elements together in one nice place.

And, I'm finally getting some more time to explore these mods more seriously now (way behind the curve I know).

As I'm digging in to learn Lua and the ways everyone has implemented their mods, I have even greater appreciation for you all and your creative/programming abilities (of course first thanks to Stephen as noted many times, glad you made this all possible for every Knights fan).

Stephen,  Wand of Teleportation mod was tested, and looked good by itself. 
Moo worked out Multiwand options on a different approach that seem to be working great in testing so far.

I also had a chance to test Rat Rider, no objections from me to go live, (I believe others have tested it too, seems to deliver as Romanio stated (agile and fast new enemy) - or as I'll describe them, a nice change of scenery to watch a zombie riding around on a rat at mach speed  ;)

If you or nobody else has objections, please install them to your live server to add an interesting spice to the games.

Thank you.

Stephen

Sorry about delay - but I finally installed "Rat rider" and "Telewand" on the main server. They seem to be working, as far as I can tell :)

I should be able to drop by in tomorrow's game as well.

d.healey

Where can I download the multiwand mod?

ImpassIve

Quote from: d.healey on August 03, 2017, 05:16:37 PM
Where can I download the multiwand mod?

I believe this is the file you are looking for.

d.healey