News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

End of game statistics?

Started by Allotriophagy, November 04, 2009, 08:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allotriophagy

Would it be possible to have end of game statistics? Most kills, deaths, potions drank, etc?

If you ever add registered accounts for multiplayer, it would make it a bit easier to add achievements/badges!

Stephen

End of game stats is a good idea, I'll try and get it into the next version.

I don't have any plans for registered accounts at the moment, but it's something I would consider adding if the game becomes more popular...

Allotriophagy

I think the game has enormous potential, especially now that you have put in the multiplayer.

I can easily see this being on sites like Kongregate.com and so on - guest play for casuals, accounts for people who want to hoard achievements and suchlike. Easily monetized by having ads on the same page or an advert at the start like a lot of Flash games.

Of course, it would have to be in Flash for something like that.

Anyway, looking forward to the next version. Keep up the great work!

Stephen

The multiplayer does make the game a lot more fun, especially if you have more than four or five players. And the multiplayer server seems to be getting more use than the 2-player server ever did.

A Flash version is not beyond the bounds of possibility... Adobe have this thing called Alchemy which apparently allows you to compile C/C++ code to run in Flash player. This could presumably be used to get a Flash version of Knights going without too much difficulty. And of course, only the client code would need to be ported, not the server itself, which would make things a little easier. I will have to look into that sometime...