News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A few things

Started by Moo, September 24, 2010, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moo

If you are doing a "destroy book with wand" quest and don't have the required number of gems, when you hit the book, nothing happens.
I'm sure it used to display the "4 gems needed" or whatever message though. ???

Another odd thing... Lag. I've been getting sporadic and sometimes very bad lag lately. Often >2000ms, during the times its happening. Most of the time I have under 100ms though. The lag could be explained by my connection, or something going on at my end... Except:
Twice when it has happened, when I died it suddenly stopped! :o
But not always. I've tried suiciding at other times when I had the lag, and it hasn't made any difference.
But still, there might be some kind of bug somewhere, as it was very noticeable the two times that dying did clear it.

This one could be related to lag, as I haven't really been able to repeat it by experimenting myself... But when you are on the quest selection screen, and have a menu open, if someone else does something that deactivates that menu, the interface becomes unresponsive for a time. A few seconds maybe. It could just be that I had the bad lag at that point.

Stephen

Thanks for this.

The lag thing sounds like it could be a bug. I think I remember getting quite bad lag (about 2000ms) a while ago as well, so I don't think it's just you. I had put it down to the server being crap... but if it coincides with in-game events (like dying) then it probably is a bug somewhere.

I'll have a look when I get time, in the meantime I have restarted the server which probably won't make any difference, but it's worth a try :)