News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Scoring system

Started by lukky513, February 19, 2010, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukky513

Now while we have time limit, I suppose that scoring system would be really nice :) It could decide which knight did better in his play, when limit is reached.

First, gems:
whole needed set - 60 points - why 60? cause you can divide it by all numbers from 1 to 6; e.g.
3 gems are needed to win - one gem is worth 20 points; 5 gems - 12 points per gem and so on; additional gems would be also counted there of course, so max in current settings would be 360 points for gems (only one needed and 6 collected); when no gems are required, but there are gems on map, they shouldn't be counted for much (I think 10 points per one is enough).

books - book is needed as much as the gems, especially in gem-book games, so a any book should also be counted for 60 points.

wands - because they're kinda sign of power, they should be also counted, but not for much points - 20 seems enough for me.

kills/deaths - 3 points for kill, -1 point for death, -3 points for suicide. I think that should be fair.

experience bonus - based on experience, would be gained by various actions like killing zombies/vampires, setting traps... such an experience points (XP) would be increased by a few points, like 2 per vampire/zombie, 1 per trap and in the end of game value of XP would be divided by 10 and rounded (floored), then added to points. E.g. a person with 34 XP would receive additional 3 points, 89 XP - 8 points. That would make draw games less likely to appear.

Please, say what do you think and remind me about things I forgot.

Asmageddon

Hmm,this made me invent few additional game modes:
1)Hold the [ITEM]
Player have to hold an item for specified amount of time. Simple as that.
2)Hero raider(:P)
One player is a strong knight, while other players are weak goblins(there will be additional CPU ones if players are missing).
Goblins protect something, hero tries to steal it. End is either too much deaths of knight, time limit or hero returning with the item.
3)Hunters and the prey:
Most of players are zombies, while one is a knight, goal of zombies is to kill the knight. Zombie killing knight becomes knight itself. Every 10 seconds being a knight a point is gained, goal is to accumulate points.
4)Cops and bandits:
Half of players guard gems, half of them try to steal it. Pretty much like idea no. (2)

K9

Asmageddon, I love your game ideas! 

Ushiri

I love this!  but the biggest problem with this gamemode..aswell of some of my own gamemode Ideas is that they require more players than 2...and thats hard to find hehe.
Quote from: Asmageddon on February 19, 2010, 11:14:48 PM
Hmm,this made me invent few additional game modes:
1)Hold the [ITEM]
Player have to hold an item for specified amount of time. Simple as that.
2)Hero raider(:P)
One player is a strong knight, while other players are weak goblins(there will be additional CPU ones if players are missing).
Goblins protect something, hero tries to steal it. End is either too much deaths of knight, time limit or hero returning with the item.
3)Hunters and the prey:
Most of players are zombies, while one is a knight, goal of zombies is to kill the knight. Zombie killing knight becomes knight itself. Every 10 seconds being a knight a point is gained, goal is to accumulate points.
4)Cops and bandits:
Half of players guard gems, half of them try to steal it. Pretty much like idea no. (2)