News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Knights game report 15-Jan-2012

Started by Stephen, January 16, 2012, 05:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

Quite an exciting game this week as we were testing out the latest release of Knights.

We started with a fairly "normal" quest: retrieve ancient book of knowledge and 4/5 gems, and escape via guarded exit point. Two wands of destruction were thrown in as well. This was quite good fun with six knights playing.

After that we tried out the Team Duel to the Death mode with two teams of three players each. Then one person left so we just went for a normal Duel to the Death with five players, each on their own "team". (Note to self: I should probably remove the "team chat" message if there is only one person on your team.)

Finally we tried out the new Deathmatch mode. I was a bit apprehensive as I didn't know how this would turn out, but in fact, it seemed to work very well. The scores were fairly close -- the first game was actually tied between two players, and I think in the second game there were only one or two points between the winner and second place. I think this is a good thing since it means the game is well balanced and it is difficult for any one player to take a strong lead -- which keeps the game exciting all the way through.

(K9 seemed to be the exception to this rule as he consistently had about half the score of everyone else :) )

One interesting feature of deathmatch mode is that the start point is randomized (so every time you die you get a new start point). This can be enabled for other quests as well, so we might want to try that out next time, just to see how it plays. It might make certain quests fairer (e.g. in a gnome book quest, if one player starts right next to the gnome book they may have an unfair advantage, but with randomized entry points that doesn't happen).

K9

Yes, I loved it too this 1/15 match.. your new features were solid and gameplay was fantastic including new deathmatch style.

I'm not sure what was happening with my score, but I did notice when I had Super potion my ranking improved drastically - although the overall run kept me in last place  :o

- I will definitely work to improve that on future matches, but tough to keep track of score while I'm enjoying myself so much.

My apologies for missing the 1/22 match although I voted to join, I had a bought with sinus migraines and related ear problems that kept me in bed all day  :'(

I really hated waking up just now about 5 hours after the match and realizing I missed the whole thing...

Stephen

Ouch. I hope you get well soon.

Nobody else turned up yesterday, so you didn't miss anything. I posted about Knights on an Amiga forum last week (http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?p=676672) so I hoped we might get a couple more players but that didn't seem to work :(

Would you mind if we changed the time to 19:30 this weekend? 19:00 is a bit inconvenient for me as I am usually still eating dinner at that time.

K9

Time sounds good to me next week, thank you, I should be ok soon, although still groggy today bearing through work best I can.

Wow, surprised to hear that nobody else was there 1/22, honestly i would have unvoted myself but was completely "out of it" after med, never expected to sleep so long :-\

Great idea about forum, maybe next week will be more.

Talk with you later