News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Zombie plauge gamemode

Started by Ushiri, October 15, 2010, 05:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ushiri

Zombie plauge gamemode
1. Everyone starts as knights  (deathmatch mode), the first knight who is killed turns into a zombie.
   (also an extra zombie AI will appear next to the knight turned into a zombieplayer)
   ( For every new knight turned into a zombie there will be an additional zombie AI)

2. Then the zombieplayer has to kill the other knights, zombies can´t
    attack each other, friendly fire is on for knight players.

The player who wins the game is the last knight left.
------------------------------------------------------------
Idea 2   (allmost the same)
1. Everyone starts as knights  (deathmatch mode), the first knight who is killed turns into a zombie.

2. Then the zombieplayer has to kill the other knights, zombies can´t attack each other, friendly fire is
    on for knight players. (zombies respawn when killed)

The player who wins the game is the last knight left.

K9

I've been out of 'touch' for quite awhile, but better late than never.. I think this is a clever idea.
I haven't caught up on all posting yet, not sure it's something Stephen is/will persue, but at least for conversation sake, it would be interesting to 'play' as a zombie (albeit limited powers - sword only, unable to kill other 'undeads).
If the option is chosen for zombie deathmatch then you only get one more chance to live before wiped from map, winner is of course last knight standing, with secondary 'fun' ranking to last zombies standing.  :)

Stephen

Yes, it does sound fun.

Unfortunately I don't really have time to work on new game modes at the moment. This is the frustrating thing about games... you always have 100x as many ideas as you have time to implement them. But it's still fun to talk about them...

K9

Absolutely, I do realize it, as I face similar issues in my daily routine of programming for company requirements.  That's kind of why I phrased my reply that way, entertaining to 'talk about' and throw out some 'wish list' ideas for conversation - but I don't honestly believe 'everyone' would expect you alone to complete the vast amounts of suggestions that you've seen.

I hope it doesn't discourage you in any way.  I mean you've done so much more with this game than ('guessing' anyone could have ever imagined to see in their lifetime).  I am thrilled to see that you are still working out 'bugs' as a priority although at this point I think those are few & far between and localized issues (for the most part).

The recent discussion you put forward on modules and Lua and user created mapping is of course highly anticipated by your true fans, and worthwhile as you have time & energy to pursue it due to the redirection of efforts - because fans will be able to create and add-on to their imagine's limits with the tools you provide.

Thanks again for all you've done and everything is appreciated (if I may be so bold as to speak on behalf of everyone).

Meanwhile, you may see some 'imagination gone wild' posts on here.... just for the fun of it. 

That's what a good forum is for anyway..   8)

Stephen

I agree, and to be clear, I didn't mean to discourage discussion on new ideas. I just wanted to be honest to people that I don't have as much time to work on Knights as I used to, and so probably won't be able to implement many of these ideas any time soon. But please keep them coming anyway -- like you say, it is fun to discuss them if nothing else.

Also, if I ever get that Lua module system up and running, then it should become a lot easier to add things like this to the game; and it would be feasible for other people (not just myself) to implement them, since only a small amount of Lua programming would be needed. So maybe, when that happens, some of these ideas will start to become reality :)

David

Maybe someone should make a mod of it.  :D
~ Support knights here.

Julian

The "Zombie Plague" does sound like fun. The idea reminds me of Wii Party Zombie Tag. The closest thing we have to it now in Knights is ImpassIve_rus' fun but challenging Heroic Quest.

I want to second K9's appreciation of Stephen's efforts. My family owe's countless hours of fun to his Knight's remake.