News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Knights 012 Released

Started by Stephen, November 25, 2009, 08:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

A new version of Knights has been released. Get it from the download page: http://www.knightsgame.org.uk/download.html

This is the first stable release to include multiplayer support. The main purpose of the release is to fix (most of) the bugs that were found during the beta test and also to add one or two new things (for example the in-game player list).

The online server has been upgraded and the beta server has now been taken offline.

If you downloaded the multiplayer beta, please don't use it any more as it will not work properly with the new server. Instead download the latest version.

Many thanks to everyone who helped out with the multiplayer testing.

Enjoy...

K9

Yes!  Thank you very much... my family & I will be giving this update a good test sometime over the next 4 days, Thanksgiving holiday - With your new release, along with the entire online suite of accomplishments, you gave us all something new to be "Thankful" for this year!  Not sure if you celebrate the tradition as we do in America, but regardless, Happy Holidays, and as for me & my family, we are very grateful for all your hard work on this game. 

Stephen

No, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, in fact I was unaware of it when I did the release... but it is a nice coincidence indeed :)

Let me know how the testing goes!

K9

We had a few online games when only a couple of us could play, no problems at all.  I'm disappointed to say the group I expected never sat down in one place together long enough to get online and join in, so maybe next holiday.  That doesn't negate our thankfulness.  Ironically things have just been so hectic this past month, not finding as much time to get online myself - but when I do meet up with others on the Knights server - every second is enjoyed with superb gameplay.  Your new version is very stable and reliable from what I've seen so far!

Kester

I have found exactly the same problem in trying to get a group of players together.  It took three attempts and months of nagging to set up a game but, when we did, there were five of us.  Good times.