News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gems.

Started by Allotriophagy, January 17, 2010, 04:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allotriophagy

Would it be possible to an extra option to control how many gems can be carried?

Say the aim is to get 3 gems in a huge dungeon, out of 6, then escape from the guarded exit. Sometimes these games get annoying because someone has ALL the gems. Of course, you could just kill them but it's not always possible.

By only allowing you to carry the number needed, it leaves the others in play and prevents that sinking feeling you get when you realise you can't win without some luck.

I like the idea of two players, each with their own gems, rushing to the victory condition. Plus if you have 3 gems and kill someone who has 3 also then pick up their gear, the extra gems can spill on the floor. :D

Stephen

Sounds like a good idea.

I've thought about carrying limits more generally as well, i.e. you can only carry a max number of daggers, traps and stuff like that. Otherwise, after a while, one player tends to get all the stuff and everyone else has nothing.

Kester

I second that.  I can see why players pick everything up but it's not always beneficial to them because if and when they get killed, they lose it all.

Asmageddon

I think this is a very good idea.