News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Is everything okay?

Started by Allotriophagy, January 04, 2010, 02:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allotriophagy

The official server has been down for a while and the JIRA installation seems to have disappeared.

Just thought I would check. :)

Stephen

Yes, everything is ok, thanks for asking :) I haven't been doing much on Knights recently, just been winding down for the holidays I guess, but now the new year is upon us, I hope to start making progress again soon.

The main server was actually still running, it just looks like it had stopped sending out updates to the master server (the one that maintains the list of all active knights servers), so it wasn't appearing on any of the server lists. I have restarted it and it looks like it is working again now.

I know that the JIRA is down. The trial licence ran out and Atlassian didn't respond to my request to get a free open source licence. I have sent them an email so we'll see what happens. If that doesn't work out then we will have to use something else, probably Trac I guess. I have kept a backup of all the issues so don't worry about losing anything.

Allotriophagy

Ah okay!

It was quite interesting actually, because it gave us an excuse to try running our own servers and fiddling with all the settings. :)

Stephen

Got this reply from the JIRA people last week:

OSS applicants for JIRA Studio are evaluated by our OSS Committee on a variety of factors, including velocity, viability, and exposure, to determine if there is value to our sponsoring the hosting of the project. At this time, the committee did not feel there was sufficient velocity and exposure for this project to justify the dedicated hosting cost.

Which I can understand.

So we won't be getting a JIRA for Knights. Instead I will probably set up a Trac instance at some point. In the meantime please continue to report bugs here on this forum. Thanks.