SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Favourite gem?

Started by Allotriophagy, December 06, 2009, 03:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite gem?

Gem 1 - sparkling like the eye of a raffish uncle at Christmas
0 (0%)
Gem 2 - bright and clear, like the tears of a child meeting disappointment for the first time
0 (0%)
Gem 3 - dark and cloudy, like urine after eating too much asparagus
3 (60%)
Gem 4 - cold to the touch, hot to the tongue, like an ice cube dipped in curry powder
0 (0%)
Gem 5 - spanning six dimensions, presented in a fetching Paisley pattern display box
0 (0%)
Gem 6 - cubic zirconia
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Allotriophagy

I really should be doing some work...

Kester

Gems could be different colours.  Not exactly a priority but would give an idea of how many are hidden and how many are passing between players.

Kronic

I like the coloured gems idea, but then again, I dislike it for the exact same reasons. :/

K9

Nice concept Kester, gems in your inventory or on screen change colors with scenarios:
Hotter & colder based on proximity to other gems, or whether they are unfound, carried, or dropped.  I would like to see that as an option called "Reactive gems".

Kester

I suppose so but that seems to tilt the game in favour of whoever's winning, which some acknowledge is already an overly potent position i.e. they have a stack of daggers and possibly a powerful wand, not to mention that all-important homicidal gleam in their eye.

Asmageddon

I personally think, that gems could just have randomized hue, so one is red, one yellow, etc. sometimes darker, sometimes brighter. As for gem showing distance to other gems it is a good idea, bu I'll turn it into amoulet - player carrying more than one gem & the amulet could glow, so he can not be invisible, and gets attacked by CPU enemies more often. Also other players could see him on map, when he is not too far...

Stephen

Actually that amulet thing is not a bad idea, as it sort of automatically balances the game. If one player is ahead, then they will find other knights being drawn towards them which puts them at a disadvantage. If balanced properly this could work quite well...