News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Release 025 - Help wanted with testing.

Started by Stephen, August 05, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

Hi everyone

I have built release 25 of Knights which includes the fixes for daggers requested by KnightRider. I've also fixed the problems with Windows XP but unfortunately I can't test this because I don't have an XP machine handy.

So could I ask someone with XP to do me a favour and download the following Knights 025 installer and check that it installs/runs correctly on your machine?

http://www.knightsgame.org.uk/files/knights_025_installer.exe

(I don't expect any problems, but I thought it would be good to check before I officially announce the release :) )

EDIT: fixed the url

ImpassIve

Stephen

OK, that's great. Thanks for testing.

I will do a release announcement shortly...

K9

Confirmed here as well!

I did the normal installation with Release 025 and all is good in my 'ancient' Windows (XP) environment. 
But since XP is all I have, I'm definitely grateful for the ability to continue the weekend quests with it.

Your previous temp fix was working too, but nice to have it officially tweaked in your new release.

Thank you.

Stephen

Thank you for the confirmation K9.

It's actually surprising how many people are still using XP. You were not the only person to complain, erm I mean "report the problem" :)

K9

Heh, yes and for some time initially, Moo was able to resolve the version check matter after your update, on his own copy of server, so we were not at a total halt.

Thanks to you and Moo, was great to have short term and long term solutions.

All is well in your main server now, I also noticed the dagger tweaks are working too.  Especially now with gate squishing and recent updates, Amiga Knights detail lives on.

KnightRider

Wanted to say thanks for the update Stephen (excuse my late reply) .So far the dagger fixes seem to work , haven't tested rising gate collision yet but ill keep you posted if i find any problems with the new release on those matters . Cheers :)