News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

compile error on ubuntu

Started by eerongal, September 30, 2013, 06:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eerongal

Hello,

I was trying to set up ubuntu  server with this game for my friends and myself to play on a more local server, however, whenever i try to compile with make, i'm getting the error:

"'Canonical' was not declared in this scope"

from src/rstream/rstream.cpp.

I installed all the listed dependencies on the help page, using sudo apt-get from the standard ubuntu debian repositories. Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this?

Thanks!

Stephen

Which Boost version are you using?

Stephen

Well, that boost version should be OK. At least, it works fine on my machine :)

It's possible you have an older gcc version which doesn't handle namespaces properly.

Try changing "canonical" to "bfs::canonical" on lines 66 and 121 of src/rstream/rstream.cpp.

If that fixes it, I'll commit the change so that other people don't run into the same problem...

eerongal

error: 'canonical' is not a member of 'bfs'

Edit:

Playing around with it some more, i figured out the issue. I had to install the package:

libboost1.48-all-dev

after installing that it all worked fine.

Stephen

Hmm. Can't explain that one. If you didn't have boost::filesystem installed then you would have got a different error (something like "couldn't open filesystem.hpp").

Maybe you had the filesystem library from an old version of boost hanging around.

Anyway I'm glad you got it working, and I hope you enjoy the game :)

eerongal

Yeah, not sure what was up. I know i had all the dependencies installed, i went through the list three times making sure ALL of them were installed (including the ones listed as optional for knights server), and if i checked the version on all the boost ones i had the same version listed above. Anyways, as i said, installing the above package fixed it, so we're good now :)