News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Amiga PD interviews Kalle Marjola

Started by Stephen, January 30, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

I was browsing some Amiga sites when I came across an interview with Kalle Marjola, the original creator of Knights. In it he discusses his Amiga games Knights and Fantasy Forces. He also mentions my remake of Knights (thanks Kalle!). Here is the link:

http://www.amigapd.com/interview-kalle-marjola.html

K9

That is great to see, thank you for finding site, it's interesting to have more insight to creative minds.

Nice that he mentioned your version, I wonder if he would be willing to provide link to your site somewhere from his Knights page.

I got impression Amigapd only focus on Amiga versions, which is cool, I understand, so would be nice if Kalle links back to you somehow from his site.

I remember many years ago sending him email from Amiga 3000t via dialup, was very happy to get response that he cared enough to converse.  I think I have seen his game in Amiga magazine, but I first downloaded it from some bbs unaware of what to expect, and after getting my brother playing it side by side was hooked ever since. 

Maybe love of game in part for bringing us together, instead of fighting 'for real' my brother and I transfered that to Knights, with fiercer competition, but ironically laughing about our anger the whole time, just by nature of the game, know what I mean?

My appreciation for Kalle went beyond simple little fun game that he created, but the bond that his imagination unleashed.

Even to this day, Stephen, you have allowed that experience to be reborn and continue on new levels, while opening the door to international friends that share, either the same experience or just admiration of the game.

Someday I hope it is possible to meet Kalle and yourself in person, while I envision a Knights-a-thon conference..   ;D