News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Knights game report 24-Dec-2011

Started by Stephen, December 27, 2011, 11:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

Just a quick write-up of last week's game.

Five knights arrived for Saturday's Joust (thanks to Neon for arranging this). We set up the same quest that was so popular last week: retrieve 3 gems and escape via entry point, small dungeon size, zombies turned up to maximum, and a five minute time limit. This was a lot of fun so we ended up basically just playing variations of that quest for about an hour and a half :)

At one point we also set vampire bats to "defcon 5" (as well as zombies). This required a small increase in the time limit, from five minutes to ten minutes :D

There was only one slight "glitch", which happened later on, when we changed the exit point type to guarded. Despite searching the dungeon for ten minutes we only found 2 out of the 3 gems. Now I don't know whether this was a bug (perhaps one of the gems was destroyed somehow?), or whether we simply didn't find the gem, but it seems a little strange. For now I'm just going to make a note of it here, and if it happens again we can start investigating whether there is some sort of bug.

K9

Stephen, my apologies for misuse of defcon terminology during game chat, I remember saying something like that in jest about the time limit vs difficulty, without actually remembering the real scale.. As it turns out defcon 5 means the most peaceful state of defense readiness, but at the time I was laughing so hard about the concept that fact escaped me, been a long time since I watched Wargames in the 80's, one of my favs.

:-\

Ditto on thanks for game Neon, glad this Saturday connection worked out before the Holiday, my niece (although she only had time for couple games) had a great time, I loved the whole stretch.

Happy Holidays and New Year to you all.  This weekend is already packed, unfortunately no game time for me.

Stephen

Quote from: K9 on December 29, 2011, 06:59:20 AM
Stephen, my apologies for misuse of defcon terminology during game chat, I remember saying something like that in jest about the time limit vs difficulty, without actually remembering the real scale.. As it turns out defcon 5 means the most peaceful state of defense readiness, but at the time I was laughing so hard about the concept that fact escaped me, been a long time since I watched Wargames in the 80's, one of my favs.

Ah well, I still think it was quite funny :)

Looking forward to seeing you and your niece again for the next game, whenever that may be...