News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Knights game report 18-Dec-2011

Started by Stephen, December 19, 2011, 02:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

I thought it might be fun to do a short write-up of our regular multiplayer games each week. If nothing else, this will inject some life into the Knights forum, and maybe generate some more publicity for our weekly games...

So, yesterday, four Knights entered the dungeon: K9, Korvin, NeOn and myself. I turned up late (as usual!) and when I arrived there was already a game going on. The quest was something like this:
* Retrieve 3 gems and escape via entry point
* Small dungeon
* Time limit 5 minutes
* Zombie activity turned up to maximum :D

This actually was a lot of fun -- with four knights in such a small space (as well loads of zombies!), a lot of action and fighting was guaranteed. The time limit added a lot of tension as well; in many games the time ran out with no winners. (Including one time where I had three gems and ALMOST made it back to my entry point -- I was like three squares away -- when the time ran out  >:( LOL)

That was a popular quest so we basically just repeated that a few times (we added a book in some of the later games). After that K9 and Korvin had to leave; I played a couple of the standard "quest for gems" with NeOn then left myself. Overall it was a lot of fun.

Remember, if you are interested in joining a Knights game please visit http://www.knightsgame.org.uk/server_list.php to sign up :) Looks like this week's game is going to be on Saturday (due to Sunday being Christmas Day).

K9

Oh, this is cool Stephen, I just now had time to check on the forum and noticed your new game summaries.  On future summaries I will pitch in some favorite moments when they're fresh in memory.

I am still having flash-backs of some unusual game situations from time to time, and these posts make a great way to share the entertainment for those that couldn't make it, but my particular gameplay on 18th was clouded by lot of other personal activities on this wedding anniversary weekend. 

I'm glad I have a great wife that understands, my love for Knights is a close rival.  Of course I still made time for her before and after our weekly Knights game  ;)

Stephen

Quote from: K9 on December 29, 2011, 06:25:57 AM
Oh, this is cool Stephen, I just now had time to check on the forum and noticed your new game summaries.  On future summaries I will pitch in some favorite moments when they're fresh in memory.

I'm not sure if I will post one every week, but I will try to whenever I can find the time. If it gets people discussing the game in the forums, and/or gets new players interested in seeing what all the fuss is about, then it's worth the effort. (I am always trying to think of ways to attract new players.)

Congrats on your anniversary btw :)