Knights: Version 24 (04-Jul-2014)
Download Windows installer (2.6 M)
Download source code for Linux and Windows (1.3 M)
Download the server for Windows (2.6 M; only needed if you want to run your own server)
Note: Names in brackets below refer to people who reported the problem initially, or helped to fix it. (Apologies if I forgot anyone!)
- [#194] Knights (or other creatures) standing on a gate will now be killed if the gate is closed on top of them. (KnightRider)
- [#232] Reduced the throwing speed of daggers to be consistent with the original Knights. (KnightRider)
- [#166] Fixed bug where players would get "stuck" (unable to move) if an observer joined while they were approaching a table or chest or similar object.
- [#209] Fixed bug where wand of securing wasn't working sometimes. (Moo)
Lua related changes
- [#227] Modified kts.SetRespawnFunction behaviour to fix the "duel to the death black screen function". (ImpassIve)
- [#225] kts.DebugPrint no longer crashes if called before the game starts. Also, it is now implemented for Windows machines (the messages will be printed to a console window which opens the first time DebugPrint is called).
- [#233] kts.GetHomeFor now returns nil (as documented) if the player does not have a home currently. (ImpassIve)
Platform specific stuff
- (Windows) Fixed the code so that it builds with the latest version of Visual Studio.
- (Windows) Fixed bug where Knights was failing to use hardware-accelerated (DirectX) graphics on some machines. Knights should now be able to use fast DirectX rendering on any machine with Windows Vista or later.
- (Linux) "Pop window to front" feature should now be working on Linux.
Older releases can be found on the archives page.
If you are looking for the original Amiga Knights, it is still available from Aminet. Alternatively, you can download this ADF file (880 K) which boots directly into the game.